Sockeye Salmon - Oncorhynchus nerka (Red Salmon)
Alaska Wild Sockeye Salmon is prized for its deep red color and rich flavor.
Alaska Wild Sockeye Salmon has a distinct, deep red flesh that retains its color throughout cooking to bring dramatic impact to every presentation. Sockeyes are very versatile, suitable for grilling, broiling, sautéing, baking, poaching, steaming, and smoking.
- Prized for deep red color and flavor.
- Second most abundant Alaska salmon species.
- Average weight is about 2.7 kg (6 pounds), up to a maximum of about 7 kg (15 pounds).
- Body length can be up to 92 cm (36 inches).
- Also known as red or blueback salmon.
|Serving Size 3.5 oz.||Calories||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Saturated Fat (g)||Sodium (mg)||Cholesterol (mg)|